If you’re looking for adventure, the V-Strom 650 ABS is the machine to help you find it. The 650cc V-twin is a favorite of motorcycle journalists. It combines versatile performance with exciting middleweight agility— an ideal combination of lightweight agility and crisp handling. The V-Strom 650 ABS invites you to carve up canyon roads or ride the open highway in all-day comfort. And it’s available with the added safety and piece of mind of Suzuki’s Antilock Braking System (ABS).
What really sets the V-Strom apart from other street bikes, of course, is its unmatched versatility. Its lightweight, agile handling inspires confidence, while its smooth suspension front and rear performs exceptionally well in almost any situation. In addition, it has an extra-large fuel tank for extended riding. It’s equally at home around town, thanks to its low seat height, light weight and overall crisp handling. And the V-Strom’s V-twin engine adds excitement to every ride, offering a wide powerband and strong acceleration in every gear.
It’s time to get in on the adventure—with the 2011 Suzuki V-Strom 650.
New for 2011: In addition to black, the 2011 V-Strom 650 ABS will be available in a new Pearl Mirage White finish.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS comes with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) for optimum braking performance. Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, plus single-disc rear brake with 260mm rotor and single-piston caliper.
• The V-Strom is equipped with a 645cc, 90-degree V-twin, DOHC, eight-valve, liquid-cooled engine with dual-spark plug heads for improved combustion and reduced emissions.
• Suzuki’s class-leading electronic fuel injection features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV), which maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response.
• The V-Strom 650ABS comes with a high-efficiency liquid cooling system to provide optimum engine operating temperature (the motorcycle also comes with a compact oil cooler).
• Suzuki Pulsed Air-Injection (PAIR ) system reduces CO and HC emissions. A California model is equipped with a catalyst in the exhaust to further reduce emissions.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS has a high-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum muffler is tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS is equipped with a smooth shifting 6-speed transmission with cable operated clutch.
• An aluminum twin-spar frame and aluminum swingarm are lightweight, compact and rigid. A bolt-on sub-frame simplifies maintenance.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS comes with a preload-adjustable 43mm front fork, which provides a comfortable ride under all riding conditions.
• The link-type rear suspension features a single shock absorber with adjustable rebound damping and a knob-operated hydraulic preload adjuster for easy adjustment.
• The V-Strom 650 features a slim and compact front fairing for maximum wind protection, plus a large comfortable seat.
• The fairing includes large multi-reflector 60/55W headlights and a height-adjustable windshield for maximum wind protection and comfort.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS has a large 5.8 gallon fuel tank for long-range operation.
• A large rear luggage rack with rubber-padded platform helps keep bags and luggage in place.
• Displacement 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-twin
• Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
• Starter Electric
• Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
• Overall Length 2290 mm (90.2 in)
• Overall Width 840 mm (33.1 in)
• Wheelbase 1555 mm (61.2 in)
• Ground Clearance 165 mm (6.5 in)
• Seat Height 820 mm (32.3 in)
• Curb Weight 220 kg (485 lbs)
• Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
• Final Drive Chain, DID525V8, 118 links
• Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
• Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
• Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
• Brakes Rear Disc brake
• Tires Front 110/80R19 M/C 59H, tubeless
• Tires Rear 150/70R17 M/C 69H, tubeless
• Fuel Tank Capacity 22.0 L (5.8 US gallons)
• 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
For more discussion on Suzuki Motorcycle go to link