Boasting the same advanced technology as the extraordinary KingQuad 750AXi, the 2011 Suzuki KingQuad 500AXi Power Steering is engineered to help you cut the work day down to size – or conquer the toughest trails. The 500AXi offers plenty of class-leading features: advanced power steering provides lighter steering and more responsive handling, while its fuel-injected 493cc engine gives the 500AXi exceptional performance. Independent rear suspension, a locking front differential and a host of other valuable features place the KingQuad 500AXi at the front of the pack. New for 2011: Champion Yellow and Great Blue color scheme; new black rims; front bumpers and racks feature new wrinkle paint finish for improved appearance and increased durability and scratch resistance.
New! – Champion Yellow and Great Blue colors.
New! – Black rims.
• Advanced Electric Power Steering system gives the KingQuad 500 AXi lighter steering and even more responsive handling than ever.
• Suzuki fuel injection system, featuring high-performance motorcycle technology, provides excellent throttle response, fuel efficiency and quick engine starts under all operating conditions.
• A powerful 493cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine designed for a wide powerband provides strong performance.
• Lightweight aluminum cylinder bore is electro-plated with Suzuki’s own race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for improved heat transfer and tighter piston clearance.
• Uses a cylinder canted forward for lower center of gravity, reduced engine height and lower seat height.
• Compact 4-valve cylinder head with large intake valves and straight intake ports for increased cylinder charging efficiency
• Sportbike-derived chain-and-gear camshaft drive system allows a short/narrow cylinder head design and reduced overall engine height.
• Engine counterbalancer shaft for smooth operation.
• High capacity aluminum radiator with large diameter cooling fan for stable engine operating temperature.
• QuadMatic™ CVT-type automatic transmission designed for maximum versatility and convenience – fender-mounted gate-type shifter operation for high/low.
• Compact torque-sensing limited-slip front differential offers more powerful traction plus light steering effort. A differential-lock system provides serious four-wheel-drive traction.
• Convenient handlebar-mounted push-button controls allow the rider to easily select between 2WD, 4WD and differential-lock 4WD to get the right setting for any traction condition.
• Advanced engine brake system minimizes free-wheeling to reduce downhill speed.
• Independent double A-arm front suspension (6.7 inches of wheel travel) includes large diameter shock absorbers with 5-way spring preload adjustment.
• Fully independent, I-beam rear suspension with long suspension travel (7.7 inches of wheel travel), includes large diameter shock absorbers with 5-way spring preload adjustment and large diameter rear sway-bar.
• Sealed, multi-plate rear brake system, with a clutch-type design provides high durability, offers reduced unsprung weight, and is low-maintenance
• 25-inch tires mounted on lightweight aluminum-alloy wheels.
• Comfortable T-shaped seat with tapered design for rider mobility, plus thick padding for support.
• Winch-ready chassis with flexible tube routing for wiring from winch mounting space to under the seat.
• Polyethylene skid plate provides front-to-rear under carriage protection with minimal resistance over rocks and rough terrain. Durable plastic guards protect the front and rear half shafts.
• Digital instrumentation includes LCD readouts for speedometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, driving range position and drive mode. LED indicator lamps for high, low, neutral, reverse and drive — 2WD/4WD and differential-locked 4WD.
• LED indicator lamps for fuel injection and engine temperature.
• Distinctively-styled 30W multi-reflector halogen headlights, and compact 5/21W tail light and brake light.
• High output magneto generator system and large 18-amp maintenance-free battery provides extra power.
• Large 4.6 gallon fuel tank, positioned for a low center-of-gravity, includes vacuum-operated petcock, ratchet-style fuel cap and convenient bar-type fuel gauge.
• Large 2.8 liter water resistant front storage compartment includes new easy-to-open/close screw-on cap.
Rugged steel-tube racks with wrinkle paint finish for increased durability and scratch resistance
• Minimum Age: 16 Years Old.
Brakes Front: Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear: Sealed oil-bathed multi-disc
Curb Weight: 300 kg (661 lbs)
Final Drive: Shaft drive
Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.5 L (4.6/3.8 US/Imp gal)
Ground Clearance: 280 mm (11.0 in)
Overall Length: 2115 mm (83.3 in)
Overall Width: 1210 mm (47.6 in)
Seat Height: 920 mm (36.2 in)
Suspension Front: Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear: Fully independent A-Arm and I-Beam rear suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shock absorbers
Tires Front: AT25 x 8-12, tubeless
Tires Rear: AT25 x 10-12, tubeless
Transmission: Automatic variable ratio (V-belt), with high-/low-range, and reverse
Wheelbase: 1285 mm (50.6in)
Bore Stroke: 87.5 mm x 82.0 mm (3.228 in)
Compression Ratio: 10.0 : 1
Engine: 493cc (30 cu. in.), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC
Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection
Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Warranty: 12 month limited warranty.