If you think the fun begins at the end of the road, you’ve come to the right place. The 2011 Suzuki DR650SE combines the civilized capabilities of a street bike with the hard-charging performance and exceptional handling of a dirt bike. Its lightweight responsiveness makes it great for twisty two-laners on your way to work, or simply when riding through the forest on the weekend.
The lightweight single-cylinder DR650SE is engineered for an exceptional combination of off-road agility and smooth street performance. Off-road, the DR650SE shines. Its technologically advanced chassis and suspension systems help provide you with precise control on tight trails or open fire roads. For a real thrill, tap into the big single’s awesome torque. It lets you accelerate hard out of corners and power your way across wide-open terrain.
On the street, the DR650SE is a joy to ride. Its engine has a counterbalancer for remarkably smooth operation, and it has a comfortable seat and spacious riding position.
The 2011 Suzuki DR650SE—it’s your invitation to find your adventure.
• The DR650SE is equipped with a compact, 644cc, SOHC, four-stroke, air-cooled, single counterbalanced engine equipped with Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS). Additional piston-jet cooling and engine oil cooler are also standard features. The engine is tuned with an emphasis on powerful performance at low-to-mid rpm range.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
• The DR650SE is equipped with a convenient electric starter (combined with a mechanical automatic decompression system for easy and quick starts). The system is powered by a lightweight and compact low-maintenance battery.
• A Mikuni 40mm “Slingshot” carburetor enhances throttle response and overall engine performance.
• A painted stainless-steel exhaust system is light and corrosion-resistant, and tuned specifically for strong low and mid range power.
• The DR650SE comes with a wide-ratio 5-speed transmission with O-ring sealed final drive chain.
• The DR650SE uses a lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame that is built to provide excellent on/off road riding. Use of thin-wall/large-diameter tubing reduces weight while increasing frame rigidity.
• Front fork combines the best features of conventional and inverted designs: smooth and progressive action. Large diameter, thin-walled tubes reduce unsprung weight while maintaining high rigidity (with minimal below-axle extension).
A link-type rear suspension with piggyback-style shock absorber and adjustable compression damping provides stable damping performance.
• Front and rear suspensions both provide long 260mm (10.2-inch) wheel travel for superb maneuverability.
Lightweight 290mm (11.4-inch) front floating-disc brake with two-piston caliper and 240mm (9.4-inch) rear disc brake with two-piston caliper together provide reliable stopping power.
• Hollow type wheel axles and an aluminum swingarm offers less unsprung weight.
• The DR650SE’s short wheelbase and low seat height provide nimble dualsport performance. The seat height can be lowered 40mm (1.6 in) with suspension modifications performed by a dealer.
• The DR650SE comes with a full on-road lighting system with bright 60/55 watt halogen headlight; handlebar-mounted brushguards; special design tires with on/off road tread pattern fitted to 21-inch front and 17-inch rear wheel; and frame-mounted luggage rack for additional carrying capacity.
Displacement 644cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
Fuel System MIKUNI BST40, single
Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)
Overall Length 2255 mm (88.8 in), Low 2235 (88.0 in)
Overall Width 865 mm (34.1 in)
Wheelbase 1490 mm (58.7 in), Low 1475 mm (58.1 in)
Ground Clearance 265 mm (10.4 in), Low 225 mm (8.9 in)
Seat Height 885 mm (34.8 in), Low 845 mm (33.0 in)
Curb Weight 166 kg (366 lbs)
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Chain, DID525V9, 110 links
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
Tires Rear 120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity 13.0 L (3.4 US gallons)
Fuel Tank Capacity CA 12.0 L (3.2 US gallons)
12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Source: Suzuki Cycles
For more discussion on Suzuki Motorcycles go to link