There’s a good reason so many road bikes in the ’50s and ’60s were big single-cylinder machines: they’re incredibly fun to ride! The Boulevard S40 adds a shot of advanced Suzuki technology to this timeless design to create a bike that combines exciting performance with rock-solid reliability. One of the S40′s major attractions is its lightweight responsiveness—it’s great for cruising down the boulevard or getting outside and beyond the city limits. Wherever you ride, one twist of the throttle rewards you with a blast of low-end and mid-range torque. And when you’re up to cruising speed, you’ll really appreciate the engine’s smooth performance.
The Boulevard S40 for 2011—it’s designed for you to enjoy the simple pleasure and pure excitement of motorcycling.
New for 2011: The Boulevard S40 is available in two new color schemes: Pearl Mirage White/Metallic Veil Silver and Metallic Fox Orange/Glass Sparkle Black
• The Boulevard S40 features a 652cc, SOHC, single-cylinder four-stroke engine with TSCC (Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers) cylinder head and high mass crankshaft that produces strong low-end power and torque.
• A black engine case and cylinder with polished cylinder head fins offers a finished appearance. Zinc-plated cylinder mounting bolts (a high quality plated finish that is corrosion resistant) blends with the black engine color for a more detailed appearance.
• An electric starter with automatic decompression system provides quick, easy engine starting.
• The Boulevard S40 is equipped with a precision electronic ignition system with maintenance-free battery.
• Hydraulic front disc brake and drum-type rear brake provide strong, reliable braking performance.
• A wide 15″ rear tire and slim 19″ front tire provides a classic cruiser look.
• Polished spoke wheels provide a classic look like larger cruiser models and a polished upper fork bracket features an attractive and durable clear coat finish.
• A sleek, one-piece saddle adds to the Boulevard S40′s already streamlined appearance. The low seat height (only 27.6 inches) is great for smaller or entry-level riders.
• The Boulevard S40 comes with an attractive tear drop-shaped fuel tank (2.8 gal capacity) with flush-mounted speedometer.
• Custom flat handlebar design provides a clean, sporty appearance, while custom-style rear view mirrors provide an attractive appearance (similar to the larger Boulevard models).
• The rear reflector is integrated with the taillight for a clean, finished appearance to the rear section of the bike.
• A 5-speed transmission with low-maintenance belt-drive system. The drive belt is quiet, durable, simple to adjust and clean.
Displacement 652cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
Fuel System MIKUNI BS40, single
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Overall Length 2180 mm (85.8 in)
Overall Width 720 mm (28.3 in)
Wheelbase 1480 mm (58.3 in)
Ground Clearance 135 mm (5.3 in)
Seat Height 700 mm (27.6 in)
Curb Weight 173 kg (381 lbs)
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Belt drive
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Swing arm type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Drum brake
Tires Front 100/90-19 M/C 57H, tube type
Tires Rear 140/80-15 M/C 67H, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity 10.5 L (2.8 US gallons)
12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
For more discussion on Suzuki Motorcycles go to link