The award winning Suzuki Boulevard M109R recreated the power cruiser market upon its introduction. Its unique style and exhilarating performance – born of championship-winning Suzuki race heritage – have made it the leader in the class.
The Boulevard M109R’s exhilarating performance begins with its 109-cubic-inch, fuel injected V-twin engine. It’s tuned to produce massive torque all the way from idle to redline, which translates into acceleration that you just have to feel to believe. It’s the most powerful cruiser Suzuki has ever produced. To reward every one of your senses, the big V-twin also produces a throaty, aggressive exhaust note—just what you’d expect from the hottest cruiser on the road.
Like Suzuki’s sport bikes, the Boulevard M109R balances extraordinary performance with crisp handling, thanks to a technically advanced chassis and suspension, matched by world-class brakes. And when it comes to wrapping that performance package in cruiser styling, a picture is worth a thousand words. Check out its sleek, flowing lines and GSX-R inspired styling touches, and you’ll realize that the Boulevard M109R is in a class of its own.
New for 2011: The M109R features an instrument cluster with a digital tachometer and LED indicator light; a newly included gear position indicator; and it is now relocated from the handlebars to the top of the headlight cowl. In addition the M109R will be available in Candy Indy Blue.
• The Boulevard M109R is offered in a new Candy Indy Blue finish.
• The Boulevard M109R features a new instrument cluster with a digital tachometer and LED indicator light; a newly included gear position indicator; and it is now relocated from the handlebars to the top of the headlight cowl.
• The Boulevard M109R’s 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine is designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration.
• Suzuki’s class-leading electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, which maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low- to mid-range throttle response.
• The Boulevard M109R features a massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke, utilizing huge 112mm forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods.
• Each engine bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight.
• A dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the Boulevard M109R’s powerful 32-bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
• The Boulevard M109R uses Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), which is a compact dry sump lubrication system that provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and a lower center of gravity.
• A unique two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design, reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity.
• The 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-twin sound.
• The Boulevard M109R has a three piece, 9.5 liter volume airbox (with dual intakes), working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element.
• A high-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride.
Inverted front forks featuring race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes provide 5.12-inches of wheel travel.
• A cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock delivers 4.66 inches of wheel travel working through a shaft drive system.
The Boulevard M109R front brake system includes radial mounted four piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. The rear brake system includes a dual piston caliper and 275mm rear disc.
• Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure 3.50 x 18 inch up front and a massive 8.50 x 18 inch rear. The rear wheel wears a huge 240mm rear Dunlop radial tire—the largest ever used on a Suzuki motorcycle.
The Boulevard M109R is equipped with a sleek and wide fuel tank with a 5.2-gallon fuel capacity that flows into integrated side covers; a comfortable low seat; and a stylish radiator cowl.
Displacement 1783cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 54° V-twin
Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
Ignition Electronic ignition (transistorized)
Overall Length 2450 mm (96.5 in)
Overall Width 875 mm (34.4 in)
Wheelbase 1710 mm (67.3 in)
Ground Clearance 130 mm (5.1 in)
Seat Height 705 mm (27.8 in)
Curb Weight 347 kg (764 lbs)
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Final Drive Shaft drive
Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 130/70R18 M/C 63V tubeless
Tires Rear 240/40R18 M/C 79V tubeless
Fuel Tank Capacity 19.5 L (5.2 US gallons)
Fuel Tank Capacity CA 18.5 L (4.9 US gallons)
12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
For more discussion on Suzuki Motorcycles go to link