Total consideration has been given to the rider in the creation of this versatile, ‘go anywhere’ Sport Enduro Tourer. From its relaxed riding position to its wind-deflecting adjustable windscreen. From its long travel suspension with easy access hydraulic rear spring preload to the long range 22-litre fuel tank. The proven V-twin powerplant with SDTV fuel injection delivers smooth throttle response and class-leading torque across a broad rpm range.
If you want a machine with the versatility to let you ride through city streets, over outback roads and through snaking mountain passes, the V-Strom 650 is for you.
Suzuki’s V-Strom 1000, V-Strom 650 and V-Strom 650 ABS are the ultimate all-rounders, combining proven V-Twin performance with the practicality of a tourer.
The 2010 V-Strom range is now available, featuring bold new liveries and graphics for the popular models, among Suzuki’ss best-selling adventure tourers.
All three models combine trademark V-Twin grunt with the ‘go anywhere’ attitude and cruising capability of a tourer, fitted with an adjustable windscreen, upright riding position and large, 22-litre fuel tank.
With a 996cc, liquid-cooled, 90-degree V-Twin engine delivering strong power through its rev range, the 2010 model V-Strom 1000 has a striking new Black livery.
The ever-popular adventure tourer, the 654cc V-Strom 650 is now available in Black or Orange colour schemes, while the Anti-Lock Braking System-equipped V-Strom 650 ABS comes in Black or White.
Features and Benefits
• 645cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, 90-degree V-Twin engine with advanced features including narrow valve angles allowing a compact, efficient combustion chamber and big valves, and lightweight shot-peened connecting rods. Precisely tuned camshaft, airbox and crankshaft inertia specifications deliver smooth throttle response and abundant torque across a broad rpm range.
• Advanced digital engine management system featuring Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV), delivers optimum combustion efficiency for linear response, fuel economy and superior low-end torque, along with low emissions.
• Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
• Low and long seat blends into the fuel tank for easy transferring rider’s weight forward or backward to suit riding conditions. 820mm height seat, compact side covers and large 22 litre fuel tank are shaped narrow at the rider’s thighs. All tailored for relaxed and comfortable riding position.
• Carefully shaped 3-step manually adjustable windscreen with total 50mm of vertical movement range to suit variety of riders.
• Twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame and swingarm provide smooth handling with balanced rigidity.
• 34mm-stanchion-tubes front forks are spring preload adjustable. Rear shock absorber has easy-to-operate hydraulic spring preload adjustment and rebound damping adjustment.
• 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tyres on the cast alloy wheels have tread pattern and carcass construction specifically designed for the V-Strom series.
• Dual 310mm front disc brakes with dual-piston calipers and 260mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper, both deliver strong stopping power.
• Dual multi-reflector 60W/55W halogen headlights shine your way. Taillight features two combination bulbs, and compact and lightweight turn signals feature a unique hexagon shape.
Compact instrument cluster includes analogue speedometer and tachometer, digital LCD odometer, dual trip meters, temperature and fuel gauges, and LED indicator lamps.
2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650 (DL650) – USA Specifications
MSRP: $TBA USD
2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650 (DL650) – Australia Specifications
MSRP: $TBA AU
Engine: 645cc, 4-stroke, 90 degrees V-twin, 8-valve DOHC, liquid-cooled
Front Suspension: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear Suspension: Link type, hydraulic preload/rebound adjustable
Front Brakes: Disc brake, twin
Rear Brakes: Disc brake
Seat Height: 820mm
Curb Mass: 220kg
Fuel Capacity: 22 litres
Colours: Black or White
Warranty: 2 year unlimited kilometre