Ever since Suzuki introduced the Hayabusa, it’s had only one competitor: Itself. That’s why the latest Hayabusa is so impressive – compared to the original, it’s hotter than ever. For enthusiasts, that comparison will make your heart pound.
Building on an impeccable pedigree, the Hayabusa features a number of major developments to cement its place at the forefront of sportsbike styling, engineering and performance.
Effortlessly delivering broad, muscular torque, the new Hayabusa is powered by a 1,340cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, four-cylinder, 16-valve engine, offering 11% greater performance and smoother running than its predecessor.
Suzuki’s Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system, with dual injectors per cylinder, improves power delivery for a more linear response, better fuel economy and reduced emissions.
Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starts and maintains a stable idle, while the Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system and large-volume catalyser reduce emissions.
The new Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) delivers a choice of three different engine power characteristic settings to suit riding conditions and preferences.
A new 4-2-1-2 exhaust system includes dual, large-volume, tapered mufflers for increased banking angle, cornering clearance, enhanced power and reduced noise.
The slick-shifting six-speed transmission works in conjunction with the innovative Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) back-torque-limiting clutch to deliver smooth and controlled downshifts.
Featuring fully-adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping on the front suspension and link-type rear shock absorber, the Hayabusa’s inverted cartridge forks use Diamond-Like Coating (DLC) surface treatment to reduce static friction and improve rider feel.
New, race-proven, aluminium piston, radial-mount front brake calipers combined with smaller 310mm dual-floating-discs reduces unsprung weight and improves handling.
The original Hayabusa was the best. With today’s Hayabusa, you’re looking at better than the best.
• Redesigned instrument cluster now features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with a new S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine rpm indicator.
• 1340cc engine, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers provides 11% higher performance and smoother operation.
• Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
• S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
• Lightweight titanium intake and exhaust valves with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
• Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons feature a revised shape and a higher compression ratio of 12.5:1 for maximum performance in all conditions.
• SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation and new hydraulic cam chain tensioner for reduced mechanical noise.
• Ventilation holes at the cylinder skirt for reduced pumping losses and increased performance.
• High efficiency curved radiator now features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. Oil cooler now has 10 rows cores for increased heat dissipation.
• Large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulations.
• Shot-peened chrome-moly steel connecting rods for maximum durability Ion plating treatment utilizing PVD (physical vapor deposit) method is applied to piston rings providing a smoother surface treatment for increased durability, reduced friction loss and reduced oil consumption.
• Slick shifting 6 speed transmission working in conjunction with an innovative back torque limiting clutch for smooth and controlled downshifts.
• Aggressive aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient retains it’s signature Hayabusa look and features an updated, muscular look to work with the new more powerful engine and updated chassis.
• Fully adjustable inverted front fork featuring DLC coated inner tubes for minimal friction resistance and outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions.
• Fully adjustable rear shock absorber with a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
• Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
• Bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a new cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity and to cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output.
• Radial-mount front brake calipers for maximum braking performance and allows for smaller 310mm front brake rotors resulting in reduced unsprung weight and improved handling.
• Lightweight single piston rear brake caliper working in conjunction with a new larger 260mm rear brake disc.
• Newly designed wheels mounted with high performance Bridgestone BT-015 tyres for unmatched handling and control.
• Passenger seat and rear subframe are lowered for improved passenger comfort
• Fuel tank height is lowered to allow riders helmet to tuck in and windscreen height is increased for improved wind protection and optimum aerodynamic efficiency with the rider in place.
• Newly designed vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the new Hayabusa styling.
• LED taillight utilizes a double lens structure with a clear inner lens and a red outer lens for maximum visibility and a high quality finish.
2010 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R – USA Specifications
Not Available US
MSRP: $16,299 CDN
Bore Stroke: 81.0 x 65.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5 : 1
Engine: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Fuel System: Fuel injection system
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication: Wet sump
Brakes Front: Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear: Disc brake
Colour: Blue, Black
Curb Weight: 260kg (573 lbs)
Dry Weight: 220 kg (485 lbs)
Final Drive: RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links
Fuel Tank Capacity: 21 L (5.5/4.6 US/Imp gal)
Ground Clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Overall Length: 2190 mm (86.2 in)
Overall Width: 735 mm (28.9 in)
Seat Height: 805 mm (31.7 in)
Suspension: Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension: Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Wheelbase: 1480 mm (58.3 in)
Warranty 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
MSRP: $TBA AU
Engine: 1,299cc 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 4-cylinder
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
Front Suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear Suspension: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Front Brakes: Disc brake, twin
Rear Brakes: Disc brake
Seat Height: 805mm
Curb Mass: 260kg
Fuel Capacity: 21 litres
Colours: Black or White
Warranty: 2 year unlimited kilometre