Built For Fun, Pure and Simple.
There’s a good reason so many road bikes in the ’50s and ’60s were big single-cylinder machines: they’re incredibly fun to ride! The Boulevard S40 adds a shot of advanced Suzuki technology to this timeless design to create a bike that combines exciting performance with rock-solid reliability. One of the S40′s major attractions is its lightweight responsiveness. Weighing just 352 pounds, it’s great for cruising down the boulevard or getting outside the city limits. Wherever you ride, one twist of the throttle rewards you with a blast of low-end and mid-range torque. And when you’re up to cruising speed, you’ll really appreciate the engine’s smooth performance. The Boulevard S40 for 2010 – designed for you to enjoy the simple pleasure and pure excitement of motorcycling.
Features and Benefits
• 40 cubic inch, SOHC, single-cylinder engine with TSCC cylinder head and high mass crankshaft – produces strong low-end power and torque.
• 5-speed transmission with low-maintenance belt-drive system – the drive belt is quiet, durable, simple to adjust and clean.
• Black engine case and cylinder with polished cylinder head fins for a finished appearance.
• Electric starter with automatic decompression system for quick, easy engine starting.
• Headlight switches off during start-up to reduce load on the battery.
• Zinc-plated cylinder mounting bolts – high quality plated finish is corrosion resistant and blends with black engine color for a more detailed appearance.
• Attractive tear drop-shaped fuel tank with flush-mounted speedometer.
• Bright multi-reflector turn signals designed for high visibility and attractive appearance.
• Custom flat handlebar design provides a clean, sporty appearance.
• Custom-style rear view mirrors for more attractive appearance – similar to larger Boulevard models.
• Front fork guards protect the inner fork tubes from road debris and help reduce dust seal and oil seal wear.
• Hydraulic front disc brake and drum-type rear brake provide strong, reliable braking performance.
• Low seat height – only 27.6 inches – great for smaller riders or entry-level riders.
• Polished spoke wheels for a classic look like larger cruiser models.
• Polished upper fork bracket features an attractive and durable clear coat finish.
• Push-to-cancel turn signal switch for easy turn signal operation.
• Rear reflector integrated with the taillight for a clean, finished appearance to the rear section of the bike.
• Sleek, one-piece saddle adds to the S40′s already streamlined appearance.
• Standard 4-way emergency flasher and high-beam passing switch.
• Wide 15″ rear tire and slim 19″ front tire for a classic cruiser look.
USA Specifications MSRP: $TBA USD
2010 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2010 Suzuki Boulevard S40 – MSRP: $6,799 CDN
Bore Stroke: 94.0 mm (3.701 in) x 94.0 mm (3.701 in)
Compression Ratio: 8.5 : 1
Engine: 652 cc (39.8 cu. in), 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC
Fuel System: MIKUNI BS40, single
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication: Wet sump
Brakes Front: Disc brake
Brakes Rear: Drum brake
Colour: Black, Black/White
Curb Weight: 173 kg (381 lbs)
Final Drive: Belt drive
Fuel Tank Capacity: 10.5 L (2.8/2.3 US/Imp gal)
Ground Clearance: 135 mm ( 5.3 in)
Overall Length: 2180 mm (85.8 in)
Overall Width: 720 mm (28.3 in)
Seat Height: 700 mm (27.6 in)
Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear: Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
Tires Front: 100/90-19 M/C 57H, tube type
Tires Rear: 140/80-15 M/C 67H, tube type
Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
Wheelbase: 1480 mm (58.3 in)
Warranty: 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
For more discussion on the Suzuki S40 go to link