Model Number RMZ250K9
Suggested Retail Price $6299
Engine 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Bore & Stroke 77.0 mm (3.03 in) x 53.6 mm (2.11 in)
Compression Ratio 13.4 : 1
Fuel System KEIHIN FCR37MX
Lubrication Semi-dry sump
Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)
Starter Primary kick
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Final Drive D.I.D 520DMA2, 112 links
Overall Length 2165 mm (85.2 in)
Overall Width 830 mm (32.7 in)
Overall Height 1260 mm (49.6 in)
Seat Height 955 mm (37.6 in)
Ground Clearance 350 mm (13.8 in)
Wheelbase 1465 mm (57.7 in)
Dry Weight 102 kg (225 lbs)
Suspension Front Upside-down telescopic fork
Suspension Rear Swingarm type
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Tires Front 80/100-21 51M, tube type
Tires Rear 100/90-19 57M, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity 7.0 L (1.8/1.5 US/Imp gal)
Color Champion Yellow No. 2
2008 RM-Z250 The RM-Z250 features a compact, lightweight and powerful 250cc 4-stroke engine design, a strong and lightweight aluminum chassis, Showa suspension components and many high-performance features for the ultimate 250cc 4-stroke racing machine. The RM-Z250 engine is based around an over-square bore x stroke design, with liquid-cooling, titanium valves and double overhead billet cams. The engine is housed by a lightweight, twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame combining aluminum forgings, extrusions and stampings welded into a single unit. The whole package is supported by a Showa inverted, twin-chamber, cartridge fork and Showa remote reservoir rear shock. The RM-Z250 features a unique aluminum rear swingarm built using hydro-formed, thick-wall tapered arms welded to a cast linkage bracket and forged axle holders. Other features include Dunlop tires mounted on lightweight aluminum rims with a special spoke/nipple design, plus Renthal aluminum handlebars as standard equipment. Included with this year’s new model are all the benefits of Suzuki’s race contingency, trackside support, Tony D School and Good scholar program. All these added benefits are exclusive to Suzuki riders.
– Race inspired brake rotors provide better cooling performance and increased mud deflection in muddy conditions.
– Newly designed pegs include increased clearance between the mounting bracket and footrest to prevent mud from caking up.
– Gripper seat has been improved this year by adding projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface to provide additional grip.
– KEIHIN FCR 37 MX Carburetor with bat-wing type air guide plates result in better mid-to-high power output while improving low throttle opening response.
– Exhaust port is narrowed down on the left side for an increase of mid-to-high power output.
– Muffler construction revised improving power output throughout the rev range.
– Clutch judder springs added for a more controllable operation feel.
– Modified piston profile for increased engine reliability.
– Hot starter relocated to the right hand side of the handlebar just like Ricky Carmichael’sChampionship winning RM-Z250.
– Brackets are added to the side frame pipes and tank rails for increased balance rigidity.
– Lower bridge pipes reduced in size resulting in improved shock-absorption feel while maintaining ample strength.
– Showa cartridge-style front fork with 47mm inner tube, plus 22 -way compression damping and 11.8 inches of wheel travel. Sections within the fork were modified to reduce weight and improve shock absorption.
– Showa rear shock absorber with a newly designed damper case and modified internal structure for a better controlled feel and increased bottoming resistance.
– Gold-colored chain and axle blocks give a full factory look.
– Compact 249cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve engine – designed for maximum performance
– Advanced 4-valve cylinder head design with narrow included valve angle and titanium valves, plus new pentroof combustion chamber design for improved combustion efficiency
– SCEM composite-plated aluminum alloy cylinder for increased durability, optimum engine cooling and operating temperature
– Strong, reinforced airbox designed for durability and secure intake seal
– Automatic decompression system for easy kick starting
– Semi-dry-sump lubrication system features separate oil chambers for the transmission and crankshaft using the transmission as the oil sump, allowing low crankshaft placement, reduced engine height and a low center of gravity
– AC-CDI ignition system with two ignition maps automatically increases engine idle speed to reduce engine brake effect – ignition timing and rev limiter set for optimum high rpm and over-rev performance
– Twin spar aluminum alloy frame based on the championship winning RM-Z250 featuring a forged aluminum headpipe and body frame
– Renthal tapered aluminum handlebars with Renthal-labeled handlebar pad for reduced vibration and improved rider feel
– On-the-fly clutch lever adjuster mounted to the clutch lever perch for rider convenience